It is best to compile your wedding guest list immediately after setting your wedding date. The general rule is to give special consideration to special people. You do not have to invite acquaintances or co-workers, or anyone else that you do not have a close relationship with.
For a comprehensive list of family members and friends, the bride and groom, together with their parents, should compile the wedding guest list to include the following:
• Parents & Step Parents
• Bride’s & Groom’s Children
• Siblings, Step Siblings & Best Friends
• Grandparents & Step Grandparents
• Aunts, Uncles, Nieces & Nephews
• Close Friends & First Cousins
• Business Associates & Dignitaries
• Second Cousins & Acquaintances
Once you have your list complete, it is time to determine your budget. If you exceed your budget you may need to eliminate guests. This can be a delicate matter – try to consider all factors and feelings involved when deleting guests from your list.